Donna McDonoughDonna McDonough is the founder and CEO of New England Career Services, LLC. Prior to opening her company in 2010, she managed the Nashua and Manchester Vocational Departments for Easter Seals. Donna has been working in the recruiting/staffing field for 15+ years working in both Massachusetts and NH. She has worked with people who have physical, emotional, and mental or learning disabilities as well as individuals with substance abuse issues and inmates being released from prison. Donna is no stranger to the many challenges individuals face while seeking employment. She has also worked with veterans and their families returning from Iraq and Afghanistan in the Veterans’ Services Program at Easter Seals. Donna started her career as a Recruiter for a staffing agency in Marlboro, MA, working with the homeless population and inmates being released from the Billerica House of Correction and MCI in Framingham, MA, as well as other individuals looking for employment. Donna worked closely with companies in the Marlboro, Hudson, Acton and Sudbury, MA areas helping to fill their employment needs.
She then went to work for a recruiting agency in Manchester, NH. Donna’s role was to match the skills of the applicants with current job openings available with different companies in the Manchester, Hooksett, and Derry and Salem areas. She placed individuals in numerous positions to include customer service, administrative support, and production/manufacturing and CDLA drivers. She also visited various high schools to teach students interviewing skills and preparation for the workplace.
Donna’s role as a career counselor with New England Career Services includes resume-writing, teaching interviewing skills, job development, bringing clients to job shadows and informational interviews, conducting labor market surveys as well as some case management. She has maintained strong ties with both the Nashua and Manchester communities and has worked closely with the Department of Education and Vocational Rehabilitation and area high schools assisting individuals with their vocational goals. Donna also works along with the New Hampshire School of Mechanical Trades in Manchester, NH conducting workshops to assist students with developing resumes/portfolios.
Donna graduated with High Distinction Honors with her Masters in Educational Studies from Rivier University in Nashua, NH. She is also a Certified Employment Support Professional and is ACRE certified.
- Board of Director - New Hampshire Rehabilitation Association
- New Hampshire Employment Leadership Award Committee
- Ambassador for Nashua Chamber of Commerce
- Merrimack Chamber of Commerce
- Workforce Coalition Committees (Nashua/Manchester)
- Facilitator for Business Supporting Business Networking in Nashua
- In the Presence of Positive Women (IPPW)
- Norwell House - Nashua, NH Worked closely with women with addiction and mental health issues by conducting vocational & self esteem workshops to assist with their employment needs and everyday living skills
- Keystone Hall - Nashua, NH Conducted intakes with substance abuse clients referred by the courts, social workers, rehabilitation centers and other human service agencies/professionals
- Easter Seals Veterans Services Program - Manchester, NH Worked closely with care coordinators and mental health counselors to assess the needs of both veterans and their families through case management, crisis intervention, vocational needs and financial assistance
- Nashua Community College - Nashua, NH Created a database of human service agencies throughout NH for the career development department